Graduate Visa changes as from the 1st of December 2021
As graduate visa holders dealt with the issue of being offshore and not utilizing the time whilst on this visa. The Australia Government has announce it will introduce changes that will begin as of now.
- The stay period on Temporary Graduates that have completed a Masters by Coursework will permanently increase from two to three years
- A concession during the pandemic will increase the stay period of Temporary Graduates that have completed 2 years study at a vocational level (diploma) from 18 months to 24 months
- from 1st of July 2022 Vocational graduates will not require to be on the Skilled Occupation List to be eligible for the visa
With the announcement they will also be introducing a second graduate visa eligibility for applicants whom have been off-shore and unable to return due to travel restrictions.
Q&A for Graduate Visa
- Prepare, book, and sit your English exam in advance (IELTS/ PTE)
- Allow yourself enough time to gather important documents (ID, travel history, passport photo, etc)
- Lodge your application within 6 months of expiry of your Student Visa
- Book and attend your Health Assessment
Post-Study Work Stream:
- This stream is for applicants who have recently graduated with a degree from an Australian institution.
- Work and stay between 2-4 years in Australia, based on your qualification
- Hold a recent degree from a CRICOS-registered course
Graduate Work Stream:
- This stream is for applicants who have recently graduated from a course relating to an occupation where there is a skill shortage in Australia.
- You can work and stay in Australia up to 2 years
- You will be granted a Bridging Visa, which will automatically come into effect after your current visa (Student visa) expires
- You have full work rights on your Bridging Visa A/B i.e your work hours are not restricted
- Work and stay in Australia for the duration of your visa
- Travel in and out of Australia for the duration of your visa
Book your FREE 30 minute consultation today
We bridge the gap between you and your desired Migration and Education outcomes.
Our consultants are authorised migration agents and qualified education counsellors, with extensive experience and knowledge of Australian Migration Law, and assisting students with their enrolments and education endeavours.