Welcome to Kingsbridge Australia!
Kingsbridge AustraliaKingsbridge AustraliaKingsbridge Australia
+61 8 9329 6890
Perth, Western Australia, 6000

Student Visa

Student Visa Australia (Subclass 500)

In order to study in Australia, you will need to apply for an Australian student visa. The Student visa (subclass 500) allows you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years for the purpose of full-time study at an educational institution.


  • Must be 6 years or older
  • Provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) at a full-time course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas Students, CRICOS
  • Prove you can speak English to the required level if you’re not from an English-speaking country (and haven’t completed at least five years’ study in an English-speaking country). Eligible tests include: IELTS/TOEFL iBT/Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic/Cambridge Advanced English (CAE)
  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an approved Australian health insurance provider for the length of your stay in Australia if you are overseas students
  • Meet health and character requirements. Some of you may be asked to take a medical and/or a radiological check-up to show you are in good health.
  • Provide an evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition, travel and living costs
  • If you’re under 18 years of age, you must have adequate welfare arrangements in place while you are in Australia


  • Level 3, 12 St Georges Terrace, Perth, Western Australia, 6000
  • [email protected]
  • +618 9328 7525



  • Completed Australian student visa application form (157A)
  • Paid visa application fee – currently AU$620 (~US$420)
  • Copy of passport biodata page (some students may be asked to physically provide their passport)
  • Certificate of Enrolment or Letter of Offer
  • Evidence of sufficient funds
  • Evidence of health insurance cover
  • English proficiency test results
  • Criminal record check results
  • Four recent passport-sized photographs


  • You can take part in an eligible course of study
  • You can include your family members in your application (your partner or you and your partner’s dependent child.
  • You can apply online in or outside Australia
  • You can work up to 40 hours every 2-week period once your course starts. However, due to exceptional circumstances during the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to ensure the supply of critical services, the Department of Home Affairs has decided to ease the working hours restriction on Student Visas, so student visa holders can work beyond their usual work limitations: 40 hours a fortnight, but only in specified industries: (a). Employed by an aged care Approved Provider or Commonwealth-funded aged care service provider with a RACS ID or a NAPS ID, before 8 September 2020; (b). employed by a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme provider; (c). enrolled in a health care related course and you are supporting the health effort against COVID-19, as directed by health officials; (d). Employed in the agriculture sector


  • Apply for your visa at least 6 weeks before your course begins if you’re outside Australia
  • Allow plenty of time before your current visa expires as you may need more time in the event of any complications if you’re in Australia,
  • Use the Document Checklist Tooland gather your documents
  • Apply for this visa online in or outside of Australia. Online at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500
  • Create or log in to Immi Account, attach documents and pay the vis application charge.


Processing times can vary based on which sector you’re applying for and it can take between: 75% of applications in 29 days; 90% of applications in 42 days for the Higher Education Sector 75% of applications in 43 days; 90% of applications in 77 days for Vocational Education and Training Sector


Make sure you inform the Department of Home Affairs if things change. Things that you need to let them know about include:

  • changes to your phone number, email, address or passport
  • changes to your relationship status
  • changes to your welfare arrangements
  • the birth of a child


You must either:

  • nominate a student guardian. A student guardian can be a parent, legal custodian or a relative over 21 years of age. He or she must have a visa to stay in Australia until you turn 18 or for the period of your student visa
  • organise a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) with your education provider. Get them to issue a CAAW and advise the Department of Home Affairs of your welfare arrangements start and end date
  • obtain your Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student (AASES) form if you’re a secondary exchange student. Attach a signed copy of the CAAW to the student visa application, or
  • arrange approval of your welfare arrangements from the relevant Minister, if you’re a Foreign Affairs or Defence student


Our services designed to take the stress and confusion out of the process of applying for a visa in Australia. Whatever your situation, we can help. Ready to get started? Contact us now: [email protected]

What Clients are saying About Us

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up to receive latest news, updates, promotions, and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
No, thanks