Wall and Floor Tilers lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
- Examining plans, measuring and marking surfaces and laying out work.
- Preparing wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, filling holes and cracks, and cleaning surfaces.
- Spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and setting tiles in position.
- Using tile-cutting tools to cut and shape tiles needed for edges and corners, and around objects such as fittings and pipes.
- Ensuring tiles are correctly aligned and spaced.
- Grouting tiles, and cleaning and removing excess grout.
- Applying waterproofing systems.
- May lay floors of granolithic, terrazzo, cement or similar composition.
- May lay coloured tiles in patterns to create mosaics.
Skill Level: 3
Occupation List: MLTSSL
- Ceramic Tiler
- Mosaic Tiler
Your Potential Pathways to Permanent Residency
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Certain countries are not exempt from this criterion, so it is important that Tilers should obtain a Certificate III Wall and Floor Tiling.
Average Cost (AUD)
Access to Graduate Visa
Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
Skills Assessment with Trades Recognition Australia (TRA)
Types of Skills Assessments available.
Offshore Skills Assessment (OSAP)
Required by persons who hold a passport from a country listed in https://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/osap-nominated-occupations-countries-and-sars
Could apply whether you have a qualification or not.
Applicants must have the required work experience.
Migration Skills Assessment
Temporary Skills Shortage Skills Assessment
Required by passport holders from the following country whilst applying for a Subclass 482 Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00294
Job Ready Program
Four stage process which allows applicants to complete their skills assessment after 1 year.
Must hold a graduate visa and completed their education in Australia.
Optimal choice for those wanting to do points migration.
Book a Free consultation with our team