Lay bricks, pre-cut stones and other types of building blocks in mortar to construct and repair walls, partitions, arches and other structures, and cut and shape hard and soft stone blocks and masonry slabs for the construction and renovation of stone structures and monumental masonry.
- Studying plans and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- Erecting and dismantling restricted height scaffolding
- Sealing foundations with damp-resistant materials and spreading layers of mortar to serve as base and binder for blocks using trowels
- Laying bricks in rows, designs and shapes, and spreading mortar between joints
- Embedding blocks in mortar and removing excess mortar
- Checking vertical and horizontal alignment
- Cutting, shaping and polishing stones and bricks using machines and hand tools, and shaping bricks to fit irregular spaces
- Repairing and maintaining bricks, cement blocks and related structures
- Designing and cutting monumental masonry and lettering
- Constructing walls using stone slabs and large masonry slab blocks
Skill Level: 3
Occupation List: MLTSSL
- Chimney Builder
- Refractory Bricklayer
- Retort Seter (Bricklaying)
Your Potential Pathways to Permanent Residency
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Certain countries are not exempt from this criterion, so it is important that Bricklayers should obtain a Certificate III Bricklaying and Block Laying.
|Average Cost (AUD)
|Access to Graduate Visa
Certificate III in Bricklaying and Block laying
Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
Subclass 485 Graduate Work Stream
Skills Assessment with Trades Recognition Australia (TRA)
|Types of Skills Assessment available.
Offshore Skills Assessment (OSAP)
Required by persons who hold a passport from a country listed in https://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/osap-nominated-occupations-countries-and-sars
Could apply whether you have a qualification or not.
Applicants must have the required work experience.
Migration Skills Assessment
|Temporary Skills Shortage Skills Assessment
|Required by passport holders from the following country whilst applying for a Subclass 482 Temporary Skilled Shortage Visa https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00294
Job Ready Program
Four stage process which allows applicants to complete their skills assessment after 1 year.
Must hold a graduate visa and completed their education in Australia.
Optimal choice for those wanting to do points migration.
Book a Free consultation with our team