Temporary Skill Shortage visa
This temporary visa allows an employer to sponsor a suitably skilled worker from another country to fill a position in Australia.
There are short-stream (2 year) and medium-stream (4 year) work visa.
It involves 3-tier application process:
- Employer must apply to be an approved sponsor.
- Employer must apply for nomination of the skilled position to be approved.
- Employee must be eligible to apply for the visa.
For the Employee to be eligible, the Employee must:
- be nominated to work in an occupation on the list of eligible short-term or medium and long-term skilled occupations;
- have at least 2 years relevant work experience in the nominated occupation or a related field;
- have a relevant skilled assessment if this is required for the nominated occupation;
- work only for the sponsor or associated entity, unless exempted
- meet minimum English proficiency.
The Employee may be eligible to apply for permanent residency visa IF, and ONLY IF, the nominated occupation is in the medium to long term list and the Employee has worked for the Employee and stayed in Australia for at least 3 years on this Subclass 482 visa.
Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
This permanent visa for skilled workers who are nominated by their employer to live and work in Australia permanently.
There are three streams:
- Direct Entry stream
- Labour Agreement stream
- Temporary Residence Transition stream
If the Employee holds a Subclass 482 TSS Visa (4 year) or Subclass 457 Visa, the Employee may apply under the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
If the Employer holds a Labour Agreement, the Employee may apply under the Labour Agreement Stream.
Under the Direct Entry Stream, the Employee must:
- Be on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations.
- Unless exempt, at least 3 years relevant work experience in the occupation.
- Obtain positive skill assessment for the nominated occupation.
- Be nominated by an Australian employer, and that employer must be an approved sponsor with an approved nomination.
- Age limit of 45 y.o. (unless exempted).
- Possess competent English.
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
This visa enables regional employers to sponsor skilled workers to fill a position in Australia, and gives the Employee 5 years visa to work, live and study in designated regional area of Australia.
The Employee must:
- be nominated by an Australian employer, and that employer must be an approved sponsor with an approved nomination;
- be nominated to work in an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list;
- have at least 3 years relevant work experience in your nominated occupation;
- have a relevant skills assessment, unless exempted;
- work only for the sponsoring Employee or associated entity, unless exempted;
- be under 45 years of age, unless exempted;
- Possess Competent English.
The Employee may be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) after 3 years.
Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa
This is a permanent visa.
- hold an eligible visa;
- have lived for at least 3 years and have a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least three years;
- be in Australia at the time you apply for and at the time of grant of this visa.